Monday, February 16, 2009

Social Bookmarking "SOULMATES"

Love is in the air… I can feel it with my heart, my soul, my political views…. Love is in the air… Right around the corner from valentines day I found a new “partner” who shares the same interests as me. It was as if I was searching on e-harmony for months at end. Rather I was using a simple Diigo toolbar… HA! After some time of searching for a “soul mate” I used a social booking marking tool to help find that special someone… and let me tell you guys… she is quite a gem for you readers as well.

Social bookmarking sites, although they all seem to be the same, they can be very useful. I certainly used dabbled around a few to find my “soul mate” or should I refer to her as a tremendous resource. So after some time of careful digging I surely found a needle in a hay stack. This blogger shares multiple similar interests to my political and controversial viewpoints. Hopefully I can relay this resource to you readers as well through my own blog which can be the “coffee shop” for interested readers.

Tags are a way for the whole immense World Wide Web to suddenly become connected. With tags bloggers are able to search for key words in text all across the web. Simple tag a word or phrase and any time that “tagged word” pops up you get it highlight and strait to your front door as if it is the L.A times on a Sunday Morning! In reference to my “soul mates” tags we share multiple similar interests…. almost 500 public tags… like “lifelines” as they allow a reader to take hints on the scavenger hunt across the web. It is some what of a guider on this research journey with no end in sight. But my soul mate and I have numerous similar interests as shown in our tags. For example my “gem” tagged Obama, McCain, Terrorism, terrorism, politics, power, communism, attack, counterattack etc. All of these tags represent an interest that this individual is interested in discovering ideas on. It is fascinating how tags can be used as adjectives describing ones own character!

My Soul mate is just great… Not only does she have all political relevant tags set up, but she also has great news source from around the world. CNN, BBC, ABC, CNET, NPR and multiple others are great sources of information which are tagged. Another great feature I found form this bloggers tags are that she always tagged one thing but also tagged the antonym to that word. This symbolizes a greater understanding of the whole picture and opinions from both sides of the story… Very open and liberal… p.s that is one reason I chose her to be my soul mate! The tags are organized with a strategy… Tag all aspects and synonyms to a word as well as any other relevant tag which might add an opinion to the topic. The tags are set up in a way which is broad but then goes in depth as well. For example my “soul mate” tagged terrorism, but then also tagged Osama Bin Laden, Al Qida, attack, Counterattack, Islam etc. As broad as terrorism can be there are also tags which strictly target one subject obtain a comprehensive understanding.

Bookmarking is another key way to grab attention to your blog but also can be used as a resource to have as a reference. My “soul mate” bookmarked a whopping 905 websites. These websites ran anywhere from African news… to Obama’s theories… to you tube videos on business/economic ethics. The bookmarks are also very broad in relation to topics but incorporate an immense number of specific topics such as Sarah Palin Websites… not that Sarah Palin should even have a website! By my “soul mate” does leave comments and is active on a number of these sites.

My “soul mate” is not only a tremendous resource to my but also my fellow blog readers. If I go directly to my counterparts blog labeled, “Power and Control” you can see that the links on the right hand side are very informative. All sorts of blog posts from Russia and China interactions to Economic turmoil, to Oil prices in the Middle East affecting political relations. From leadership to Hamas… my “soul mate” way not too far away thanks to social bookmarking tools. This resource is an absolute diamond in the realm of leaders and power relationships!

No comments:

Post a Comment